Latest Immigration News
- Press release: Home Secretary launches Windrush scheme
The Home Secretary has today announced that legislation has been introduced to bring into force a package of measures under a Windrush scheme.
- News story: Sopra Steria has been awarded a new UKVI contract
Sopra Steria has been awarded the contract to deliver a new service for people applying for a work or study visa, settlement or citizenship from within the UK.
- News story: Home Secretary launches Windrush compensation scheme call for evidence
Members of the Windrush generation are being asked to share their experiences to help shape a bespoke compensation scheme.
- News story: Free citizenship for the Windrush generation
Members of the Windrush generation who arrived in the UK before 1973 will be eligible for free citizenship, the Home Secretary has announced.
- Statement to Parliament: Home Secretary statement on the Windrush generation
The Home Secretary's statement to the House of Commons on the Windrush generation.
- News story: Restrictions on Croatian workers to expire in June
The current registration requirements for Croatian workers will expire on 30 June bringing their rights to work in Britain in line with other EU citizens.
- News story: Over 10,500 refugees resettled in the UK under flagship scheme
The UK is more than half way towards meeting its commitment to resettle 20,000 people through the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme (VPRS) by 2020.
- News story: Immigration minister visits Heathrow Airport
Immigration Minister Caroline Nokes got an early feel for Border Force operations during a visit to Heathrow Airport on Wednesday 10 January.
- News story: Twenty three universities join student visa pilot
Home Office to extend scheme which streamlines process for international Masters students wanting to study in the UK.
- News story: Government doubles exceptional talent visa offer
Double the number of visas will be made available to leading figures and individuals who show promise in technology, science, art and creative industries.
Latest Family Law News
- Law Commission proposes radical reforms for leaseholds of houses and flats
Reforms designed to secure a better deal for leaseholders who want to purchase the freehold or to extend the lease of their home
- Divorce law to be reformed
Focus to shift from “blame and recrimination”
- “When a child won't see one parent”
- “From inadequate to outstanding, from paper to cloud”
Insights into how Cafcass workers have harnessed use of new technology
- Latest Private law children cases received
Cafcass figures published
- Latest care order applications figures
Cafcass publishes latest Local Authority care order applications received statistics
- System failing LGBT+ victims of domestic abuse, new report warns
LGBT+ victims almost twice as likely to have attempted suicide
- ‘Significant rise’ in domestic abuse reports during the World Cup
239 domestic abuse calls linked to England’s fixtures
- 40,100 family-based arrangements set up in year to January 2018 after speaking to Child Maintenance Options
92% still in place by March 2018
- Existing court powers must be used to boost mediation numbers: NFM
NFM publish submission to LASPO post-implementation review
Latest Employment News
- Acas signs up to the Armed Forces Covenant
- Acas launches new advice on job references
- Acas statement on EHRC recommendations around ethnic minority and disabled staff
- Acas statement on BCC research on mental health
- Acas statement on Select Committee Report on Sexual Harassment
- New annual report reveals increase in demand for Acas' conciliation service following scrapping of tribunal fees
- Acas issues hot weather tips for employers during heatwave
- Brendan Barber urges employers to have a good team line up before World Cup kick off
- Acas launches new religion and belief guidance to help prevent discrimination at work
- Acas statement on PCS strike